the language is not an obstacle!
The course of Medical English is designed for doctors, nurses, medical students and other medical professionals who need to use English in their work. It covers medical terminology, practice in specialist vocabulary and a review of basic grammatical structures. The programme of the course was created in cooperation with doctors and academic language teachers.
During the course the students will
- improve both fluency and accuracy in medical contexts
- augment communication skills
- broaden the range of specific vocabulary and expressions for English used in the medical sector
- practise giving presentations in English
- work on writing reports, emails or case studies
- act doctor-patient role-plays (history-taking, instruction and explanation)
To apply for this course, students should already have an intermediate knowledge of English. Those who do not have the necessary level of English are advised to enrol in an additional General English course. The course can be combined with General English course at any stage of studying.